top of page


Our goal at Rocky Mountain Sober Living (RMSL) is to provide the highest-quality sober living programs possible while giving you all the tools you need to live a sober and fulfilling life independently. Understandably, you may have a few questions about our location and services. Please review this list of our most frequently asked questions, and don’t hesitate to give us a call if you need additional information or have specific concerns that are not mentioned here.

What is the difference between a sober living facility and a halfway house?

Sober living facilities provide a safe, substance-free environment with recovery-focused programming to reinforce the long-term maintenance of sobriety. Members are generally allowed to stay as long as needed. Conversely, halfway houses are typically government-funded and only allow Members to stay for a specified time.

Is RMSL a treatment center?

RMSL provides a safe, structured sober living facility for individuals in recovery, but we are not an addiction treatment center. However, we provide additional recovery support services in addition to our sober living facilities and programs for men.​

Does RMSL provide professional counseling?

RMSL does not offer counselors. However, our staff of managers has the necessary experience and qualifications to help you resolve issues as you work through your sober living program. We also provide access to Peer Recovery Coaches through network partnerships. We do not offer these services ourselves. ​

Does RMSL offer couples sober living?

RMSL does not offer transitional housing specifically for couples.​

Will I be drug tested?

RMSL members must participate in regular drug and alcohol testing at least twice a week. Tests occur randomly. We test for many substances and obtain immediate results. Lab Services also analyzes and informs us of our MAT user's levels. ​

Does each sober living facility have a house manager?

Our sober living facilities do have a house manager that lives on-site.​

Are Members required to attend 12-step meetings?

As an RMSL Member, we have a phase system initially; you will attend many meetings. Those can be AA, NA, CA Celebrate Recovery, IOP sessions, or meetings with your Peer Recovery Coaches. ​

​How much is a room/Bed?

We have a $150.00 intake fee. $700.00 per month, payable on the first. ​

What forms of payment does RMSL accept?

Currently, we accept payment in credit cards, debit cards, personal checks, money orders, and cashier’s checks.​

How long does the application process take?

Once you have completed and submitted your application, we will review your information, and a member of our admissions team will contact you directly. During normal business hours (Monday through Friday), we can finalize and approve your application for admission within 24 hours. Applications received on the weekend will be processed on Monday.

How long do I have to be sober to move in?

We require that the members maintain their sobriety for at least 24 hours before moving into our sober living home.​

How long can I stay?

You may stay as long as you need to. If our staff believes you are ready to live sober on your own back at home, we will encourage you to do so and provide the support and resources you need to make the transition as smooth as possible.​

Can I leave at any time?

You may leave at any time. We prefer a 30-day notice for departure if you choose to leave. We do not return any rent.

What happens if I relapse?

If a Member relapses while in a Rocky Mountain Sober Living home, they must leave the facility immediately. RMSL will strive to find placement in and around Colorado Springs but does not promise this.


Can I smoke cigarettes in a Rocky Mountain sober living home?

Smoking is allowed in designated outdoor areas, but all cigarette butts must be disposed of appropriately in the butt bucket/can.  Tobacco of any kind or vaping is not allowed inside any RMSL sober living home.​

Will I have a roommate?

Members share a room with only one other roommate, but if you would like a private room, we may be able to accommodate your request. Please speak with a member of our admissions team to learn more about availability.

What rules do I have to follow?

All of our Members are expected to adhere to the community rules and standards set forth by Rocky Mountain Sober Living. These rules include abstaining from all drug and alcohol use and maintaining the requirements and goals of all recovery programs. Each Member will receive a full list of guidelines and commitments upon enrollment, but a condensed version is available.


Do I have to work while enrolled in an RMSL sober living program?

RMSL requires that Members are actively seeking employment, are employed, are volunteering, or are enrolled in school throughout their sober living program.

​Does RMSL provide any employment assistance to Members?

The Member will learn how to use various resources to locate employment opportunities, update or create a resume, complete and send in applications, and prepare for job interviews. Your Peer Recovery Coach will be able to help you.


Will there be employment opportunities near my sober living house?

Our Homes are located in a highly-populated area with plenty of employment opportunities nearby. 

Can I stay away from the house overnight?

Depending on your progress through the phase program, you may be awarded one or several overnight passes. These are typically awarded to Members who have shown exceptional progress and have completed certain objectives of their phased programming. Member will also pay for an additional Drug and Alcohol test when returning. The cost for this is $5.00.


Can I have visitors?

Visitors are welcome at all RMSL sober living facilities but they must be approved in advance by a house manager before they can enter the home. And they may not enter your room when they do visit. 

Are cell phones allowed?

Cell phones are allowed.  We highly recommend bringing your cell phone as it will make coordinating job interviews and securing employment much easier.  A landline is also available in all our facilities.

Can I bring my vehicle?

We have convenient parking available for vehicles at all of our sober living locations. We do ask that you follow city parking laws when utilizing available spaces. Working on cars on the property or in the neighborhood is not permitted. 


Can I bring my laptop or tablet?

Laptops and tablets are allowed in our sober living houses. We broadcast Wi-Fi throughout the entirety of each community.


Can I bring my pet with me?

RMSL does not allow pets on the property. 


What else should I bring with me?

We provide a detailed packing list for all future Members here. If you have any additional questions about what to bring, what not to bring, or what we provide, please contact our admissions team for more details.

Does RMSL provide Wi-Fi and cable?

The home is equipped with free Wi-Fi and basic cable for the convenience of our Members.

Does RMSL provide meals for Members?

RMSL Members are expected to purchase and prepare their food for meals. However, we provide all cooking utensils and appliances needed to prepare those meals.


Where are RMSL sober homes located?

We currently have three sober living homes in Colorado Springs, Colorado. 1716 E Yampa St, 4515 Shadowglen Drive, and 2313 Afton Way. 3120 Westwood Blvd, 4411 Moonlight Drive


Is there a bus route nearby?

Our Homes are all located less than a half-mile from a conveniently located local bus route. 


Are there universities nearby?

Rocky Mountain Sober Living Homes are located near three major colleges and a community college. For a list of colleges, please click here.

Application Start
bottom of page